The Rev. Stephen Paulson came to St. Mark’s on
May 15, 1903 and served as pastor for 8½ years until 1911. During
this time 419 new members were added to the roster, and after a very
successful pastorate here, he resigned to accept a call to St.
Michael’s Lutheran Church of Germantown, Pennsylvania.
a testimony to Dr. Paulson’s talents, culture and learning, we want
to mention his authorship of weekly sermons appearing in GRIT
beginning in 1905, and last appearing on February 8, 1959..
report indicates that Rev. Paulson served as Rev. dean of
Hartwick Lutheran Theological Seminary in Brooklyn. He
returned to the church for the centennial celebration in 1952.