Two Assistant Pastors served with
REV. ROBERT E. NEUMEYER
Rev. Robert E. Neumeyer (Pastor Bob, as he was affectionately
called) came to St. Mark’s on November 19, 1946, to supervise the
religious education of the parish, and assist in the other pastoral
duties. A native of Allentown, he graduated from Muhlenberg College
and the Lutheran Theological
Seminary at Philadelphia. For two years following graduation, he
served as a Navy Chaplain during World War II.
He worked untiringly for five years at St. Mark's, teaching and
advising young and old alike and left an indelible spot upon the
hearts of the whole congregation before accepting a call to become
senior pastor of Zion Lutheran Church in Wilmington, Delaware, which
pastorate he assumed October 10, 1951.
In 1964 he became Director of the Center City Lutheran Parish of Philadelphia.
He was called as assistant to the President of the Southeastern
Pennsylvania Synod in 1969.
Rev. Neumeyer's untimely death occurred in 1979.
REV. FRANKLYN S. LAMBERT
Rev. Lambert joined the
congregation in June of 1953. He was a graduate of Muhlenberg
College and the Philadelphia Seminary.
Rev. Lambert left St.
Marks in 1954, and he joined Holy Trinity in Manhattan, N.Y.
He then served Trinity Church in Philadelphia and, later, several
churches in Florida. Pastor Lambert died January 14, 2003, at