Sunday Worship Youth & Family Music Milestones Stephen Ministry The Way
This Month Archive
Contacts Church Leadership
St. Mark's Lutheran Church

 

  News

  &
  Articles


Topic search:  

Jump to

9.13.2020 - St. Mark's Parish House Celebrates 80 Years

7.9.2020 - Sunday School Resumes on September 13

6.21.2020 - St. Mark's to Reopen for Regular Sunday Services

6.15.2020 - St. Mark’s Lutheran Responds to Pandemic with Online Worship

6.1.2020 - Meet Music Director Sam Robinson

3.17.2020 - Lenten Services Cancelled

3.16.2020 - Letter From the Bishop: Follow Martin Luther's Example

2.22.2020 - St. Mark's Building Attains Milestone

2.17.2020 - Farewell to Christian

2.2.2020 - Souper Bowl Sunday

12.15.2019 - Welcoming Finley Stugart Through Baptism

12.8.2019 - Pageant of Christian Symbols Celebrated

11.25.2019 - Bishop Collins Presides at Pastor Vasey's Installation

11.18.2019 - The Williamsport Camerata Performs to Support Organ Repairs

11.11.2019 - An All Saint's Sunday Welcome To Pastor Brian Vasey

11.2.2019 - All Saints' Day

10.20.2019 - St. Mark's New Pastor Brian David Vasey

10.10.2019 - The Gift of Warmth

10.6.2019 - Thank You Pastor James West

9.23.2019 - Rally Day 2019


Browse the Article Archive

Parish House

St. Mark's Parish House Celebrates 80 Years

 

Parish HouseWhen dedicated in 1940, the Parish House of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, Williamsport was called “one of best equipped and up-to-date parish and educational houses.” It has served the congregation for 80 years. The structure includes a large Fellowship Hall, several offices and lounges, and a library.

Through the years, it has hosted numerous community groups (Boy Scouts and Family Promise, among others).

Previously, it included the “Chapel of the Upper Room” (pictured above, circa 1950) where Sunday School children gathered for devotions led by The Rev. Dr. J. Ray Houser, Pastor (front left) and The Rev. Robert F. Neumeyer, Assistant Pastor.

Chapel Harvest home